Rebecca Longhoffer, a 39-year-old mother of four, was electrocuted when she stepped on a cast-iron covering for electrical wiring in the sidewalk of one of the street-corners of the Vegas Strip. Heavy rains had flooded the compartment with standing water and deteriorated covers on the wiring allowed the water and conductive panel to become electrified.
Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.
A doctor chocked to death on rice at a doctors dinner party in honor of better first aid preparedness in Bucaramanga, Colombia.
Thank you for the submission, Juan S.!
Dr. Hitoshi Christopher Nikaidoh, a surgeon, was decapitated as he stepped onto an elevator at Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston, Texas, USA on August 16, 2003. Improper maintenance caused the safeties to fail, and the doors closed on Nikaidoh’s head. The car then ascended with him still trapped by the doors.
A 17-month-old girl from Croydon, Pennsylvania, whose name was not released, was run over by a riding mower. The child was running toward the riding mower driven by her 8-year-old brother when she tripped and fell in front of it. The toddler came in contact with the mower’s blades and died from severe injuries.
A five-year-old British girl died when she was caught in mooring ropes of a helium balloon at a British military base in Germany and carried more than 60 kilometers. The girl’s body was recovered only two hours later, near to where the balloon finally came down – about 40 miles away.
Jane McDonald, 31, from Airdrie, Lanarkshire died after she slipped in a kitchen and landed on a knife sitting upright in a dishwasher.