Michael Warner, a 58-year-old machine-shop operator from Lake Jackson, Texas, died of alcohol intoxication after receiving enema from his wife consisting of two large bottles of Sherry wine. Warner was a severe alcoholic and was at the time suffering from a throat ailment that left him unable to drink liquids. He had apparently had his wife help with the procedure in order to relieve his cravings, not realizing that compounds like alcohol are absorbed into the bloodstream far more quickly and directly when administered rectally than when ingested orally. Warner’s wife was cleared of all legal responsibility for his accidental death in court.
Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.
Derek Kieper, an anti-seat belt law advocate, was killed in a car wreck because he wasn’t wearing his seat belt. Kieper, who was riding in the back seat of the Explorer, was ejected from the vehicle. Two others in the vehicle, including the driver and the front-seat passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Francisco Portillo, a 34-year-old Salvadoran, was strangled after the hood of his sweatshirt became entangled in the teeth of a escalator at Porter Square Station in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He was allegedly drunk at the time.
Kenneth Pinyan from Seattle, Washington, died of acute peritonitis after receiving anal intercourse from a stallion. The case led to the criminalization of bestiality in Washington state.
12-year-old Chandler Hugh Jackson of Frisco, Texas, died in Cunningham, Kentucky, after apparently falling onto a broken golf club at Dogwood Hill club. A piece of the club’s shaft went through the boy’s chest and pierced his aorta.
15-year-old Rafael Naranjo of Gardner, Massachusetts, expired after playfully swinging a 5-iron golf club he’d found in the street at a fire hydrant. His act caused part of the shaft, along with the head of the club, to break off and lodge in his neck.