Mom microwaved baby to death

Mirabelle Yang, a seven-week-old infant from Sacramento, California, died after suffering severe organ damage and burns over 60% of her body after her mother, Ka Yang, placed her in an active microwave for two minutes. Ka Yang was sentenced to life in prison for First Degree Murder.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Dad and two children died from carbon monoxide poisoning after discarded snack packet got stuck in chimney

Harry, Kimberly and their father Trevor Wallwark (and their two dogs) died of carbon monoxide poisoning when a crisps packet became lodged in the chimney and caused the carbon monoxide to flood the room of their cottage in Gurteen, County Sligo, Ireland.

Killed by giant falling branch

Sophie Howard, 13, was sitting on a bench in a park, when a branch came down from a tree and landed on her head. She died a short while later in hospital.

Submission by Rik van Doorne.

Woman died from allergic reaction to sex with dog

Carol Hickey, a 43-year-old mother of four from Ireland, had sex with a dog for the first time, and died soon afterwards because she was allergic to dog’s semen.

Submission by Rik van Doorne.

Girl Died after Hiding in Microwave

Rebecca Maria Herrera, a 6-year-old from San Antonio, Texas, died of suffocation after getting trapped in an old microwave oven in her backyard. Police said the girl was small and liked to hide. She might have crawled in and closed the door accidentally not knowing that it could not be opened from the inside.

Died from Nine-Hour Sweating Session

Image credit: Radio-Canada

Chantal Lavigne, a 35-year-old mother of two, from St. Albert de Warwick, Canada, “was cooked to death” after she and eight others in a personal-development seminar called Dying in Consciousness were covered with mud, wrapped in plastic, put under blankets and immobilized with their heads in cardboard boxes for about nine hours, under instructions to hyperventilate.

Impaled by Tree Branch

Rory Schmand, 47, of Dover-Foxcroft, Maine, died approximately four months after a tree branch fell and crashed through her car windshield, impaling her between the eyes.

Victim of Planking

Image credit: sflchronicle.com

Acton Beale, 20, died after falling from a balcony in Brisbane, Australia, the only person known to have died while participating in a fad known as ‘planking’.

Died from an “Accident During Sexual Role Play”

Sam Mazzola at his Columbia Township facility.
Sam Mazzola at his Columbia Township facility.

Exotic-animal owner of killer bear Sam Mazzola, 49, from Cleveland, Ohio choked to death on sex toy.

Airborne Bear Killed 2

A 25-year-old woman from Ottawa, Ontario and Steven Leon, 40, of Gatineau, Quebec, died after an airborne American black bear smashed through the windshield of their SUV near Luskville, Quebec. The bear had been hit by another vehicle, launching it into the oncoming lane where it landed on the SUV.

Bareheaded Motorcyclist Died in Helmet Protest

Philip A. Contos, 55, participating in a 2011 protest ride against mandatory helmet laws crashed his motorcycle and died because he wasn’t wearing a helmet.

Deadly Landing

Arthur Sexton, 80, drowned after falling off a step ladder and landing upside down in a water butt containing only a couple of feet of water.

Trapped

Brian Depledge, 38, died from asphyxiation at his home in Bradford, England, after tripping and falling into a plastic clothes-airer and trapping his neck in the rungs.

Self-Burying Death

An unnamed Russian man, 35, from Blagoveshchensk died after burying himself alive. According to his friend, the man wanted to test his “endurance”. The two men dug a hole in the garden and put inside an improvised coffin with holes for air pipes. The man also took a blanket, a bottle of water and a cell phone.

The victim’s friend told investigators he covered the hole with planks and earth to a depth of around 20 centimeters and then went home, after receiving a phone call from his friend telling him he was fine. The next morning, he found his friend dead.

Police speculated that overnight rain could have blocked the air supply to the coffin.

One year before, a resident of the northern Vologda region died after he asked a friend to bury him in the forest in an attempt to lose his fear of death and was crushed by the earth.

Self-surgery gone wrong

Barrie Hepburn, 65, tried to amputate his ‘useless’ legs with hacksaw in London home. Barrie Hepburn had lost the use of his legs after he was shot three times at his holiday home in the south of France following an argument over a neighbor’s dog. His injuries left him confined to a wheelchair. Mr Hepburn, a sports car enthusiast, had often spoken of using self-surgery to amputate his “useless” limbs. He had become particularly determined in the months before his death because of difficulties he had getting in and out of his high-performance Jaguar XJ saloon car, which he had bought the previous year. He almost completely severed his right leg with a hacksaw in the kitchen, then called paramedics and said he was suffering from heavy bleeding, but died before an ambulance could reach him.

Stabbed to death by cockfighting bird

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, died after being stabbed in the leg at a cockfight in Tulare County, California U.S., by one of the birds that had a knife attached to its limb.

Teen Dies After Applying Hair Dye

Tabatha McCourt, 17, was applying hair dye at her friend’s place in Lancashire, UK when she started screaming and pulling at her hair in pain. She was rushed to the town’s hospital where she died from what doctors suspect was an “exceedingly rare” allergic reaction to chemicals in the product.

First and Last Kiss

Jemma Benjamin, 18, from South Wales, UK died from the rare cardiac condition within minutes after her boyfriend kissed her for the first time.

Identical Twins were Born and Died on the Same Day

Identical twins Julian and Adrian Riester were born and died on the same day at age 92. Both died of heart failure in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Trashed Alive

Sheila Decoster, 62, died from asphyxiation after falling head first into a recycling bin at her home in Toledo, Ohio, U.S.