Death of a Carrot Juice Addict

Basil Brown, a 48-year-old health-food advocate from Croydon, England, died after consuming ten gallons of carrot juice in ten days, causing him to overdose on Vitamin A and suffer rapid, severe liver damage.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Dying Onstage

Leslie Harvey, the 27-year-old guitarist for the Scottish blues-rock band Stone the Crows, died onstage during a live outdoor concert in Swansea, Wales, when rainwater collected on stage and caused a non-grounded microphone to become electrified, killing him instantly when he touched it.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Beer Flood Deaths

Several large vats ruptured at the Meux & Company Brewery in London, England, in a chain reaction, causing more than 320,000 imperial gallons of beer to flood the nearby city streets. Two homes were destroyed and eight people were killed in what has since been called “The London Beer Flood”.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.


Robert Halvorsen, a 21-year-old employee of Eastern Roofing Corporation from South Windsor, England, died when he fell 30 ft. off of a roof into a large vat of 500 degree Fahrenheit liquid roofing tar. Two coworkers immediately attempted to pull Halverson out, suffering severe burns in the process, though Halvorsen was discovered to already be dead by the time they were able to remove him.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

The Sorrowful Homecoming

Sgt. Gregory Voelcker of the U.S. Air Force, who was stationed at Britain’s Royal Air Force Mildenhall base, returned home from a temporary duty assignment in Greece to discover his wife and two children dead and partially decomposed in their home. Autopsies of the deceased revealed Lorraine Voelcker, 27, had died of natural causes (likely a sudden heart-attack), while the couple’s two children, two-year-old Galen and 16-month-old Elizabeth, had died of dehydration and malnutrition, roughly ten days after their mother had died with no one to take care of them. The family lived in a relatively remote cottage outside of the village of Kirtling, so no one had stopped by in person to realize anything had happened. In addition, while the Air Force keeps a “Contact Policy” where it checks in on the families of servicemen while they are abroad, Lorraine Voelcker had informed the military the week before her death that she intended to take the family on a trip out of town the following week, so it raised no concern when the Air Force’s contact-call had received no answer the week she had died.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Roasted Alive

A man from Cheshire, England, was roasted alive inside an industrial oven after going in to clean it. The oven was switched on by colleagues who did not know he was inside, and he tried unsuccessfully to break out with a crowbar before dying.

Submitted by Myers Hertz.

Teen died after running into a bus stop

Manny Edwards (18) was running to catch a bus, but he ran into the bus stop and died, in Birmingham, UK.

Submission by Rik van Doorne.

Wine-lover bled to death

John Fozard, 66, bled to death after broken wine glass tore through the bin bag he was carrying and slashed artery in his leg.

Hunting gone wrong

Carl Rubisch, 30, who was hunting, accidentally shot himself to death when the trigger of his shotgun got caught in the zip of his boot, after which the gun went off.

Submission by Rik van Doorne.

Killed by giant falling branch

Sophie Howard, 13, was sitting on a bench in a park, when a branch came down from a tree and landed on her head. She died a short while later in hospital.

Submission by Rik van Doorne.

Trampled by cows

78-year-old Richard Nicholson from Berwickshire, Scotland died week after being trampled by cows as he walked his dog.

Thank you John for the submission.

Filmmaker froze to death while making a documentary on homelessness

Lee Halpin, a 26-year-old film-maker from Heaton, Uk, froze to death as he made a documentary about sleeping rough on the streets. Speaking on a YouTube video, he said the project was part of an application for an investigative journalism course and that he intended to “immerse” himself in the lifestyle of a homeless person.

Sheep push woman over edge of cliff

Betty Stobbs, a 67-year-old woman from Durham, England, was killed when a flock of sheep attacked her power bike and pushed her over a 100-foot (30 m) cliff. She survived the fall, only to be crushed by the falling bike.

Stair lift to Heaven

Shirley Perkins, 55, a disabled woman was killed when she got her head trapped in her stair lift. She toppled backwards down the stairs and got her head wedged between the metal rung of the electric seat and the wall.

Rod Hull’s death


Children’s entertainer Rod Hull died while adjusting the television aerial on the roof of his house. He had been watching a Manchester United European Cup match with his 19-year-old son Oliver. In his attempt to improve reception, he slipped from the roof and fell through an adjoining greenhouse. The 63-year-old entertainer suffered a severe skull fracture and chest injuries. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Conquest Hospital in Hastings.

Poison Umbrella Murder Case

Georgi Markov, a Bulgarian dissident, was assassinated in London with a specially modified umbrella that fired a metal pellet with a small cavity full of ricin into his calf.

Man Who Pretended to Be Blind Died in Ditch

Geoffrey Haywood, 65, was been pretending to be blind to get people to pity him when he went for a walk, fell into a flooded ditch and died near his home in Newport, South Wales after he apparently failed to see the hazard.

Motorcyclist Killed by a Pheasant

Motorcyclist Matthew Johnson died after being knocked off his bike by a flying pheasant near Hilderstone, England.

Boy Accidentally Hanged Himself

Josef Kazzan, 9, from Cleckheaton, England accidentally hanged himself after getting tangled in a rope attached to a tree in the family garden.

Cigarette Sparks Hair Bleach


Jenny Mitchell, a 19-year-old English hairdresser, was killed when her car exploded after fumes, caused by chemicals mixing with hydrogen peroxide leaking from a bottle of hair bleach, ignited as she lit a cigarette.