Connor Clapton, the 4 year old son of musician Eric Clapton, fell out of an open picture window on the 53rd floor of a New York high-rise apartment. He landed on the roof of an adjacent 4-story building. The large window had been left open by a janitor while cleaning.
Joseph Stoyer, 51, bled to death after tripping and falling with a mug of coffee when he stepped out of his front door in Seaford, Long Island. The mug broke and a 4in (10cm) shard went through his carotoid artery. (The Spokesman-Review, Ocala Star-Banner – Feb 22, 2002)
Michael Colombini, a 6-year-old American boy from Croton-on-Hudson, New York, was struck and killed, at Westchester Regional Medical Center, by an oxygen tank when it was pulled into the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machinewhile he underwent a test. He had begun to experience breathing difficulties while in the MRI and when an anesthesiologist brought a portable oxygen canister into the magnetic field, it was pulled from his hands and struck the boy in the head, crushing the child’s skull.
Tommy Mollo fell off the back of a boat in Long Island, New York, climbed out on his own, but died from drowning three hours later. Doctors say this happens when a person nearly drowns and water enters the lungs. They are rescued but that water intake can cause difficulty breathing as much as 48 hours later.
Jeremy Brenno, a 16-year-old golfer from Gloversville, New York, was killed when he threw his club against a bench in a fit of rage, breaking the shaft. Part of the shaft bounced back and pierced his heart.