Alcoholic Lethal Sherry Enema

Michael Warner, a 58-year-old machine-shop operator from Lake Jackson, Texas, died of alcohol intoxication after receiving enema from his wife consisting of two large bottles of Sherry wine. Warner was a severe alcoholic and was at the time suffering from a throat ailment that left him unable to drink liquids. He had apparently had his wife help with the procedure in order to relieve his cravings, not realizing that compounds like alcohol are absorbed into the bloodstream far more quickly and directly when administered rectally than when ingested orally. Warner’s wife was cleared of all legal responsibility for his accidental death in court.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Fatal alcohol immersion

A 45-year-old woman from Taiwan, whose name was not released to the press, died of alcohol intoxication after immersing herself in a bathtub that was 40% ethanol, for 12 straight hours. At the time of her discovery, she had a blood alcohol content of 1.35%. Her family told the press that she may have done it due to believing that she could decontaminate herself from exposure to the SARS virus with alcohol.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.