Strangled by burkha

A 24-year-old Muslim woman was driving a go-kart wearing a burkha. A part of the burkha tangled up in a wheel and she was strangled to death.

Submission by Rik van Doorne.

Wrapped Himself in Plastic Wrap

James Lockless, 50, from Carshalton, Surrey, England, died from autoerotic asphyxia after wrapping himself in three rolls of plastic wrap and a red nylon sheet in a bizarre solo sex game which went wrong.

Trapped

Brian Depledge, 38, died from asphyxiation at his home in Bradford, England, after tripping and falling into a plastic clothes-airer and trapping his neck in the rungs.

Self-Burying Death

An unnamed Russian man, 35, from Blagoveshchensk died after burying himself alive. According to his friend, the man wanted to test his “endurance”. The two men dug a hole in the garden and put inside an improvised coffin with holes for air pipes. The man also took a blanket, a bottle of water and a cell phone.

The victim’s friend told investigators he covered the hole with planks and earth to a depth of around 20 centimeters and then went home, after receiving a phone call from his friend telling him he was fine. The next morning, he found his friend dead.

Police speculated that overnight rain could have blocked the air supply to the coffin.

One year before, a resident of the northern Vologda region died after he asked a friend to bury him in the forest in an attempt to lose his fear of death and was crushed by the earth.

Trashed Alive

Sheila Decoster, 62, died from asphyxiation after falling head first into a recycling bin at her home in Toledo, Ohio, U.S.

Stuck in Lover’s House Chimney

Jacquelyn Kotarac, 49, a physician (internist) from Bakersfield, California, was found dead in her boyfriend’s chimney. She had been trying to break in through the chimney and died of asphyxiation. The body was found after a house sitter noticed an odor and fluids coming from the chimney.