Hot Party

23 guests at a wedding in Saudi Arabia were killed instantly via electrocution when outdoor celebratory gunfire knocked down an overhead electrical power-line onto a metal dance-floor. 30 additional guests were injured in the event. This incident occurred less than a month after the Saudi government banned the use of celebratory fire with live rounds being performed at weddings.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Dying Onstage

Leslie Harvey, the 27-year-old guitarist for the Scottish blues-rock band Stone the Crows, died onstage during a live outdoor concert in Swansea, Wales, when rainwater collected on stage and caused a non-grounded microphone to become electrified, killing him instantly when he touched it.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

Electric Avenue

Rebecca Longhoffer, a 39-year-old mother of four, was electrocuted when she stepped on a cast-iron covering for electrical wiring in the sidewalk of one of the street-corners of the Vegas Strip. Heavy rains had flooded the compartment with standing water and deteriorated covers on the wiring allowed the water and conductive panel to become electrified.

Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.

‘Fake’ iPhone charger cited in electrocution death

iphone_kills

Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old stewardess and bride-to-be from China, was allegedly electrocuted while answering a call using her charging iPhone 4.

Re-creation of woman’s death proves too real

Yooket Paen, 57, of Angthong, Thailand accidentally slipped on “farmyard mud,” grabbed a naked live wire and got electrocuted to death. After the funeral, her sister, Yooket Pan, 52, was showing her neighbors how the accident happened when she herself slipped, grabbed the same live wire and also got electrocuted to death.

Crime and Punishment

Michael Anderson Godwin, a 28-year-old prisoner at South Carolina’s Central Correctional Institute was sentenced to death for murder and sexual assault. During a retrial he was found not guilty of sexual assault, and re-sentenced to life imprisonment. Back in his cell, Godwin tried to repair his still plugged in television set whist sitting naked on a metal toilet. He bit into a live electrical cord and was electrocuted instantly.

Electrocuted in Mini-Golf Pond

Ashton Jojo, 11, from New York, was electrocuted to death by a faulty pump that was submerged in the water when she tried to retrieve golf ball from pond at Orland Lake Resort near Orlando, Florida.