Charles II of Navarre, also known as Charles the Bad, the king of Navarre and key participant in the Hundred Years War, burned alive when the brandy-soaked bandages he had been covered in to cure an illness were accidentally ignited by one of his servant’s candles.
Submission by Logan Agle. Thank you.
Kamran Khan, 13, from Peshawar, Pakistan set himself on fire because his parents could not afford to buy him a new school uniform. The youth suffered burns on 65 percent of his body. He was taken to an army-run hospital. But the family could only raise one-tenth of the roughly $5,500 they needed for his treatment. He died of his injuries.
Gary Allen Banning, 43, from Havelock, North Carolina burned to death after he accidentally drank from a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette.